If you would like to join RT1, please contact us via our contact form with your preference for one of the proposed joining windows. We will guide you through the whole joining process.
Three planned joining windows for 2023
|Event||Window 1||Window 2||Window 3|
|Registration deadline||23 January 2023||24 April 2023||25 September 2023|
|Start of connectivity testing||21 February 2023||23 May 2023||24 October 2023|
|Start of scripted testing||7 March 2023||6 June 2023||7 November 2023|
|Live date||4 April 2023||4 July 2023||5 December 2023|
Joining and Testing Windows 2024
|Event||Window 1||Window 2||Window 3|
|Registration deadline||22 January 2024||22 April 2024||23 September 2024|
|Start Connectivity Tests||05 February 2024||06 May 2024||07 October 2024|
|Start Free Tests||12 February 2024||13 May 2024||14 October 2024|
|Start Scripted Tests||26 February 2024||27 May 2024||28 October 2024|
|Controlled Go-Live (RT1 only)||04 April 2024||04 July 2024||05 December 2024|
|Live Date||09 April 2024||09 July 2024||10 December 2024|
|Latest EPC Readiness||02 April 2024||01 July 2024||02 December 2024|
Change dates for the RT1 System are set by the below conditions:
- one change date per week (Tuesday)
- legal and administrative documents to meet a change date is that of two weeks prior to the given date.
- It shall not fall during the frozen period between the second week of December and the second week of January.
In order to fulfil the criteria for admission to and continued participation in the RT1 System, a participant must:
- be authorised to act as a credit institution
- have TARGET2/TIPS access:
- have a direct participant status in TARGET2 and hold and have access to a TIPS dedicated cash account (DCA), or (b) have a liquidity provider that has the status of a direct participant in TARGET2 and holds and has access to a TIPS DCA
- be able to comply with the technical and operational requirements of the RT1 System, including requirements aiming at ensuring availability of the RT1 Participant during the operational times of the system
- have its registered office in a Member State of the EU, the EEA or the OECD, or a country or territory which is part of SEPA
- participate in the system via its registered office or a branch located in the geographical area of SEPA
- provide a capacity opinion with respect to its participation in the RT1 System
- adhere to the SCT Inst Scheme Rulebook of the European Payments Council
Exclusion, Suspension and Withdrawal from the RT1 System
The occurrence of a suspension or exclusion event and the consequences thereof for the suspended / excluded participant and for the other participants are determined solely in accordance with the RT1 Rules. The systems’ rules are proprietary and confidential, and are available to all participants, to prospective participants that have applied for becoming a participant, and to relevant authorities including in particular the European Central Bank / Eurosystem as overseer of RT1.
Operational defaults will be addressed in first instance through the activation of incident handling and, as applicable, crisis management arrangements.
A participant can be prevented by the System Operator from continuing to participate in the system if certain events occur.
Events that may give rise to exclusion comprise in particular:
- termination of access to TARGET2/TIPS
- loss of license to act as a credit institution
- insolvency or comparable situations (unless an exclusion or suspension would contravene legislation implementing the Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive (BRRD) or equivalent third country legislation)
- a suspension event that has not been remedied within 30 calendar days
The criteria for participation in the RT1 System consist of necessary legal, technical and operational requirements to enable the processing of SCT Inst transactions, as well as funding and withdrawal of funds operations in TIPS.
A participant may be suspended if non-compliance with the ongoing criteria for participation cannot be otherwise mitigated, e.g. in the case of relocation outside SEPA.
A participant can withdraw from the RT1 System by giving written notice of termination at least five TARGET2 business days prior to the withdrawal.
For information on the RT1 pricing, please click here.