An entity needs to fulfil the following criteria to be able to participate in STEP1:
- be authorised to conduct banking business
- participate in STEP1 from its registered address or a branch located in the EU
- be a SWIFT user
- Neither a minimum credit rating nor a minimum of own funds are required to participate in STEP1.
In order to qualify as a sub-participant in STEP1, a bank has to be
- established in an EEA location
- a consolidated affiliate of a participant in STEP1, as evidenced by the accounts of the participant
Participants may also include branches as sub-participants.
Joining windows for STEP1 are available on a monthly basis, respecting the following timeline:
Please note that there will be a freeze period from Saturday, 19 December 2022 until Sunday, 6 January 2023.
Monthly change dates are agreed for changes to STEP1 participation. This includes the connection of new participants and the addition of sub-participants.
- 7 August 2023
- 4 September 2023
- 9 October 2023
- 6 November 2023
- 4 December 2023
- 8 January 2024
- 5 February 2024
- 4 March 2024
- 8 April 2024
- 6 May 2024
- 3 June 2024
- 8 July 2024
- 7 August 2024
- 9 September 2024
- 7 October 2024
- 4 November 2024
- 9 December 2024