The access and participation model for R2P, EBA CLEARING's request to pay service, was defined with a view to allowing fair and open access to the service and support compliance by users with the EPC SEPA Request-to-Pay (SRTP) Scheme Rulebook. Different access and participation options with several possibilities for connecting to the service are provided, with the aim to facilitate access, build maximum reach and establish a high level of reliability and trust between users.
R2P will be accessible by any request-to-pay service providers (RTP-SPs) in the EU adhering to the future SRTP Scheme Rulebook of the EPC.
Planned joining windows in 2021*
|Event||Window 1||Window 2||Window 3|
|Deadline for participation||18 December 2020||16 April 2021||10 September 2021|
|Start of connectivity testing||25 January 2021||26 April 2021||20 September 2021|
|Start of free testing||1 February 2021||3 May 2021||27 September 2021|
|Start of scripted testing||22 February 2021||24 May 2021||18 October 2021|
|Go-live date||29 April 2021||15 July 2021||2 December 2021|
*The technical delivery of the R2P Service will be completed, as planned, by 30 November 2020, the publication date of the EPC SRTP Scheme. R2P joining windows for 2021 are indicative and may need to be adjusted following the publication of the EPC SRTP adherence calendar for 2021.
In order to fulfil the admission criteria for the R2P Service, a participant must:
- have its registered office in a Member State of the EU, the EEA or the OECD, or a country or territory that is part of SEPA
- be authorised to act as a payment service provider
- be able to comply with the technical and operational requirements of the R2P Service, including requirements aiming at ensuring availability of the Participant during the operational times of the service
- participate in the service via its registered office or a branch located in the geographical area of SEPA
- have adhered to the SRTP Scheme Rulebook of the European Payments Council
In order to connect to the service, the applicant once admitted as participant shall fulfil relevant connection requirements (such as provision of a BIC address for routing purposes, technical and operational requirements, compliance with test and training requirements, etc.).